Blackburn Cabins is being offered For Sale!
Profitable Rental Business in McCarthy, Alaska!
McCarthy/Kennicott is in the center of the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve, a premier tourist destination! The entire area is off grid, with no utilities. Because of its location inside the Park, there is very little private land available for development. There are also no taxes or building codes! Our very small area sees thousands of visitors every year over a 100 day season. We’re pretty new but we stay over 90% full on average during that season with very low overhead! Periodically we host TV crews! They plan to come back this next summer as well! There is a lot of unmet potential out here!
This turnkey operation situated on 2.2 acres has 8, 12×16 cabins built in 3 waves (2/2015, 3/2016, 3/2019) of locally sourced 6×8, 3-sided logs on pressure treated wood foundations and metal roofs. They’re built in the tradition of the remnants of the historic townsite of Blackburn upon which the cabins are built!
Each cabin is equipped with:
- Memory foam mattresses and deluxe bedding
- Lights and USB charging
- Propane heater
- Propane cooktop
- Sink with running water
- Berkey drinking water filtration system
- Outfitted with antique dishes and furniture – over 50 years old, they are luxurious!
The sale of the property includes:
- Cabin power supplied by solar panels and batteries
- Well (80′), including pump, water tower, and generator
- 2 Showerhouses containing 4 gravity feed showers with on-demand hot water heaters
- 2 Washing machines and a dryer, including generator
- Sheets, blankets, and towels
- 4 Outhouses
- 2 Gas grills, including pots and pans
- 4 Firepits
- Fleet of 15-20 bicycles
- 2 Vehicles: Toyota Highlander 2005 and Toyota Sienna 2007
- 2 Equipped weatherports for housing helpers and a camper for food storage, cooking, and lounging
- 2 Generators in total (Honda 2000 and Honda 3000)
- Adequate tools for upkeep and maintenance
- Gas barrels and propane tanks
- Room to grow with the space for 3-4 more cabins (additional $50k+/year), and building sites for owners house or lodge too!
- CUA and permits for guiding trips out onto the Root Glacier or up to the mines! A successful business of its own!
We have a very strong web presence with a webpage and complete online booking system (www.BlackburnCabins.com). We have developed a web presence – Facebook, Instagram, Airbnb, Booking, Expedia, TripAdvisor, Google.
We are planning to build a Caretakers Cabin/Office soon, which is included in the sale.
Come on out and take a look – we are sure there are more things we are forgetting!
Contact us with questions! Mark and Livvi 907-554-1075<- share